This article is for you if:
1) You love Evive products, but you want to try something else than smoothies;
2) You need ideas for nutritious and on-the-go snacks;
3) You like the idea of energy balls, but the aftertaste of nuts, seeds and dried fruits leaves you uncertain.
The name “Amazon” Balls is the result of me playing with words, as I made them with the Warrior. They also provide the necessary boost to continue through a busy day or to wonderfully follow a physical activity session. On top of eating the energy ball, you will become one after tasting this less pasty and more perfumed version of the classic snack!
For 12 to 14 balls, you will need :
– 1 complete Evive wheel (any flavor)
– 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds
– 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 150 ml of crushed hazelnuts*
– ¼ cup of cocoa or coconut (preferably raw)
– 1 tablespoon of maca powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* Any type of nuts will do the trick. For my recipe, I cooked a leftover of hazelnuts that I used to prepare a vegetal milk (very simple: add 1 cup of nuts with 3 cups of water in a mixer and filter afterwards (It is possible to add vanilla extract and/or maple syrup). Thus, the hazelnuts were reduced to a granular flour perfect for the recipe.
Simply mix all the ingredients together, except for the cocoa or coconut. Then, form balls and roll them in the coconut or cacao. Put in the refrigerator for few hours.