This post is also available in: Français
It’s no secret that here at Evive, we promote healthy eating through a plant-based diet. The creation of Evive all started with my journey towards veganism. It was from that moment on that I adopted a new habit that transformed my lifestyle: I started making smoothies every morning! I fell in love with how simple it was to incorporate nutritious foods that are essential for good physical and psychological health. Dominic followed me on this journey and, being the chef of the house, he had a lot of fun discovering a new world of possibilities in terms of healthy, vegan cuisine.
With all the environmental issues and disasters around the world, integrating a more plant-based diet is such a wonderful goal for 2020. If you haven’t committed to a New Year’s resolution yet, here’s a great one! Here are 5 easy ways to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and the planet by adopting more plant-based meals this year:
1. Protein swap – the RIGHT way: We’re lucky that our Marketing Project Leader, Amael, is also a Certified Holistic Nutritionist. She says that a common issue for people transitioning to a vegan diet is that their bodies could experience protein deficiency. In order to avoid this, it’s important to consume a variety of plant-based protein during every meal.
2. Zoodles & noodles make everything more fun: As our Professional Photographer, Odile would say, vegan food is past the point of boring old salads. Discover many creative ways to transform vegetables into visually pleasing dishes. It’s true – we do tend to eat with our eyes! And I promise you, many spiralizers (like this one!) are affordable and super easy to use!
3. Plant-based milk is SO satisfying: Swapping your traditional latte with oat or almond milk is much more delicious than you’d think. And soy milk, like this one from Silk, will give you an additional boost of protein – a win-win!
4. Bulk up your breakfast with fruits and vegetables: I used to break my head over making my own ultimate breakfast smoothie that included organic fruits, vegetables, superfoods, and protein. And voila – Evive was born! It’s such a pleasure to see the satisfaction in the Evive community about how our smoothies have facilitated their families’ lives.
5. Get excited about GOOD fats: Nuts, all-natural nut butter, whole avocados, chia and flax seeds, hemp, as well as healthy oils, such as coconut oil and olive oil are healthy fats. Raw nuts and seeds are also a great addition to your morning oatmeal, granola, or smoothie bowl. The extra protein is always a bonus!
When adopting a plant-based diet, or any diet for that matter, it’s important to consult a certified nutritionist so they can provide you with the best diet options for your body. We’re all unique – what works for me might not necessarily work for you. So, please get proper consultation.