This post is also available in: Français
Our 21 Day Sugar-Free Challenge has taught us a lot! We’ve learned about the different types of sugars and how they affect our body, the importance of reading labels properly, and how to make healthy swaps instead of consuming foods that are high in added sugar and artificial preservatives. Some of you have been inquiring about the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth🍬🦷 So, here it is! Feel free to replace your candy craving with this vegan gummy recipe. What I love about this recipe is that you only need 3 ingredients and there’s no sugar added!
Vegan Gummies Recipe (Zero-Added Sugar!)
– 1 Evive Smoothie wheel
– ½ cup of water
– 1 teaspoon agar-agar (powder) + ¼ cup cold water
– Small saucepan
– Silicone mould and/or clean Evive wheel moulds
– Food syringe (optional) or spoon
– Additional bowl (for cooling)
- Prepare all of your cooking tools (clean mould, syringe, cooling bowl) before you start.
- Prepare the smoothie cubes and ½ cup of water (using a blender or by letting the cubes melt with the water in a mason jar and shake vigorously).
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil gently for 2 minutes, whisking every so often.
- Mix the agar-agar powder with cold water and add the mixture to the pan. Bring everything to a boil and boil gently for 3 minutes, whisking regularly (so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom).
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a bowl and let cool for about 4-5 minutes, stirring with the spatula if necessary.
- Using the syringe, fill the empty Evive wheel or a silicone mould.
- Leave to cool for fifteen minutes at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge. Wait at least 20 minutes before removing the jujubes from the mould. And there you have it!
These vegan candies are so yummy and easy to make. I love how vibrant their colours turned out, and you can easily customize the taste based on your favourite Evive Smoothie flavour. If you’re looking for a boost of protein in your diet, choose one of our extra-protein flavours! It’s important to note that these candies have more of a gummy-like texture.